Jesus replied, “You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.” This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: “Love your neighbor as yourself.
HOW Does This Work?!?
- Do we have an "agenda"? or In other words, do we act on a desire to "convert" to change one another' beliefs or traditions?
- Do we Assert that "WE are right & YOU are wrong" - or in other words; a self-righteous spirit with one another?
- Do we delight when bad things happen to one another?
- Do we use shame with one another about faults or mistakes?
- Do we remember the wrongs or evil committed in the name of religion?
- Are we angry about the evil deeds that have been committed in the name of our religion?
When applied in challenging circumstances, this process releases the power of the Spirit, remapping minds and influencing hearts. At best, it heals inner hurts ultimately turning enemies to friends.
- Eat a meal together
- Pray with and for each other
- Review spiritual "common ground" and do away with any misunderstandings
- Get to know them personally (family, passions, hopes, concerns)